Cybersecurity refers to the steps put in place to protect programs and data from being accessed by unauthorized users and get tampered with the intention of destruction.
Cybersecurity also involves protection of information and systems against any form of cyber threats.
Cybersecurity tips for any firm.
1. Training of employees. Training employees on basic security practices such as protecting their accounts and computers with strong passwords.Alphanumeric passwords are highly recommended.
2. Installing and updating firewalls for internet connections. Firewalls are programs that prevent a private network from being accessed by an outsider. Firewalls prevent outsiders from accessing personal data or tampering with the data.
3. Backing up data regularly. Back up data on all computers regularly to prevent loss of critical data. The best method to back up your data is in the cloud; this should be done daily or weekly.
4. Prevent employees from installing software. If an employee wants to install a software, they should ask for permission, and the source of the software should be verified by The Scarlett Group’s Managed IT Services in Jacksonville. This will prevent installation of malware and viruses.
5. Have a secure Wi-Fi.The router should be password protected. Encrypt the Wi-Fi and hide its visibility.
Steps to take after getting hacked
1. Change all the passwords and make them strong. Easy passwords like 1234 are very easy for a hacker to crack. You should create an alphanumeric password which is tricky and hard to guess.
2. Scan your computer for malware, trojans, and viruses. You should use your computer to carry out a deep scan and identify affected files before permanent damage occurs.
3. Reinstall your computer operating system. If you wipe your computer clean, it will get rid of hidden viruses and malware.
4. Bring in a forensic team. Calling in the cybersecurity expert help identify the nature of the damage. They will also identify loopholes that the hacker used to infiltrate the computer or the network.
5. Inform the authorities. It may seem as not the best thing to do, believe me, it is. They might have a similar case, and they could gather some evidence which may be helpful in arresting the hacker.
IT disaster recovery plan
Disaster recovery plan is the step by step plan that helps a business recover from the effect of a disaster such as a cyber attack. It can also be explained as the rapid response to an expected emergency. The goal of a recovery plan is to reduce business overall risk. Restoring the day to day operations of the business should be the overall goal of a disaster recovery plan
Prioritize on what to save. Identify the important information that needs saving and protection since in most instances not everything can be saved.
Carry out drills regularly. The disaster recovery plan needs to be tested regularly to make sure it is effective.
Importance of having professionals do your IT disaster recovery plan.
1. Prevents severe loss of data which could affect the business negatively.
2. Help restore the business operations quickly.
3. They are always prepared in the event of a disaster.
4. Highly qualified and experienced dealing with disasters.
5. Reduce the overall risk.
Reasons why most companies get hacked.
1. weak passwords which are easy to crack or guess.
2. Unprotected Wi-Fi.
3. Outdated antivirus.
4.Unprotected networks by installing firewalls.
5. Failure to carry out the regular scan for malware and viruses.